Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to let me introduce myself to you. I love reading blogger’s “about pages”. I think you can tell a lot about a person by what she says about herself.
I am Holley Cox. I wear many hats and have many titles. I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, and a sorority sister. I am a coach, a mentor, a leader, a follower, and a life long learner. I am a speech-language pathologist and an Independent Senior Executive Director with Thirty-One Gifts.
I am an entrepreneur and a small business owner. I’m a chef, a house keeper, a gardener, a chauffeur, and laundry specialist. I’m a counselor, an enforcement officer, a medic, a lifeguard, a vet, a banker, and a referee.
It may sound like I am a “one woman” show… but that is misleading. I have a wonderfully, supportive husband, Jason. He is very talented in many areas and is my perfect complement! I have a fabulous assistant, Kathy. She keeps me straight on my business. I am also surrounded by a wonderful team and super talented friends, who support me and my endeavors.
Even with all these labels I have put on myself or the world has put on me… both positive and negative… there is no earthly title or job or responsibility more important than that of Christ Follower. I proudly wear the honor of being called a Christian and I am not ashamed, however, our society has so watered down that truth that I happily identify myself as “one who follows Jesus”. My prayer is to be a light (I John 1:7).
With all the responsibilities in this life… don’t let me fool you, I am a work in progress. I have mastered very little and continue to work and grow. I am super disorganized and struggle with keeping it all together. I am regularly humbled by how little I can do on my own. I am writing this blog because I love to write and share stories. If you could sit and talk to me, you would quickly see that I always have a story to tell work hard to make them
Some fun facts about me!
* I have 4 children, 3 step children, and 1 chocolate lab.
* I love to cook and bake.
* I am a Kappa Delta (pledged in 1989).
* I sell purses from a catalog and do home parties.
* I love really good pimento cheese.
* I was born in Chattanooga, TN and my parents still live in the house that I was brought home to when I was born.
* I have a master’s degree in Communicative Disorders (emphasis in Speech-Language Pathology).
* I love 80’s music!
* I am NOT a hugger… I just want to get that out there from the start.
* I am an avid sports fan and reader.
* I love words, vocabulary, and most things literary.